Bracebridge OPP along with the Community Drug Action Team, Muskoka Vice Street Crime Unit and the OPP Emergency Response Team executed a warrant on a Gravenhurst address overnight on November 30th that resulted in the arrest of a Gravenhurst man and the seizure of a quantity of illegal drugs valued at approximately $6000 and stolen property.
Police say the accused is 43 year-old James Downs and they have charged him with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking X 2
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Fail to Comply with Probation
The accused was held for a bail hearing on December 1, 2016 in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge