Gravenhurst Fire Crews Called To Electrical Fire Monday Night


More information on this story we first brought you last night.

On Monday October 28, 2019 at around 10:00 p.m. Gravenhurst Fire Department crews from stations one and two were operating at a multi-unit dwelling on Bishop Street in Gravenhurst for reports of an electrical fire. There was a fire when crews arrived, but thanks to prompt reporting and response, the fire was contained to a small area around a wall outlet in one of the apartments. There is no damage estimate available at this time and there were no injuries reported.

More information will be provided as it becomes available.


  1. Great job to the boys on the GFD! We have to rephrase things here as far as I am concerned. That is, it is not an electrical fire, it is a failure of the outlet, improper installation of the outlet, or an appliance failure! Electricity is safe if it is handled accordingly! Thats why we have Electrical safety association doing inspections to stop these fires. Just saying, safe day to all first responders!


Please enter your comment!

Please enter your name here