McDonald’s Head Office has released the following statement:
At McDonald’s Canada, our top priority is to protect the health and well-being of our people and our guests – it’s at the core of everything we do.
On October 16 an employee from 105 Muskoka District Road 118 West, Bracebridge reported that they tested positive for COVID-19. Out of an abundance of caution, the decision was made to bring in a certified third party for a thorough cleaning and sanitization. The restaurant has opened this morning and resumed regular business hours.
We are closely working with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit to ensure that all close contacts of the case are identified. The Health Unit has told us they will be contacting any such close contacts directly to provide any advice or recommendations on self-isolation or testing. For any guests who may have visited the restaurant and have concerns, please take directions from the experts at Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit by visiting their website www.simcoemuskokahealth.org
In addition to our existing high standards of cleanliness, restaurants continue to demonstrate our Safety+ commitment, which includes enhanced safety measures to ensure every part of the McDonald’s experience is safe for our guests and employees. These measures include:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available inside the restaurant
- High-touch surfaces and guest tables will be kept clean and sanitized
- Floor markers to help guests keep their distance from one other
- Front counters are fitted with protective screens
- Clearly marked tables for dine-in to respect physical distancing
- The number of guests permitted inside a restaurant at one time will be limited based on restaurant size. This also applies to outdoor seating spaces
- Employees will wear gloves for taking payment and serving guests, and wear masks at all times while working in the restaurant. For everyone’s safety, we encourage guests to wear a mask or face covering when using our premises. In certain regions, masks or face coverings must be worn where required by public health authorities
- Contactless payment options are available at the restaurant, and guests can also order using the McDonalds mobile app and pay on their phone
Maintaining the health and well-being of our crew and guests is our top priority, and we will continue to monitor and adapt measures, where necessary.
We continue to work with local health authorities to support our people and our guests, and look forward to getting back to serving our community as soon as we can.