Cottage Destroyed By Fire On Tribble Road


On Friday August 23, 2019 at around 8:00 p.m. the Muskoka Lakes Fire Department Raymond station responded to a possible structure fire on Tribble Road. When crews arrived, everyone inside the cottage had exited and informed fire crews that the fire started in the chimney and became a structure fire. Crews from Huntsville were called in to assist and were able to save the fire from other structures and spreading to the brush.

Crews were on scene for over three hours and there were no injuries reported. The cottage is a total loss and damage is estimated at over one million dollars.

Recent fires in Windermere and Bala have kept the Muskoka Lakes Fire Department busy.  “We want to remind residents to have your chimney cleaned, have an escape plan and call 911 when you spot fire in an emergency situation” says Muskoka Lakes Fire Chief Ryan Murrell


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here